Whether you want to jump on the Tik Tok band wagon, or whether you’re lazy and want to either save on the washing up, or avoid cooking multiple things at once, this one-pan fried breakfast sandwich is for you.
So here’s one of the many videos of the fried egg sandwich hack on Tik Tok …
Food Network agrees… the viral egg sandwich lives up to the hype. #fyp #foryoupage #eggsandwhich #minitutorials #snackbreak #learnfromme♬ Rise and Shine – Tiagz
And here’s how mine ended up…
I tried this fried egg sandwich out on a Sunday morning so added bacon to make it feel more like a fry-up.
Here’s the recipe if you want to try the fried egg and bacon sandwich out for yourself too:
x1 tablespoon butter
x2 rashers of bacon
x1 tablespoon olive oil
x2 tablespoons honey
x1 teaspoon salt
x1 teaspoon pepper
x2 slices of bread
x1 handful of grated cheese
1. In a frying pan, add the oil and turn up the heat.
2. Once the oil has warmed up, add the bacon and drizzle half of the honey over each rasher. Cook for 2 & a half mins.
3. Flip the bacon over and drizzle the remaining honey over each rasher. Cook for a further 2 & a half mins.
4. Transfer the bacon to a plate and keep warm.
5. In the same pan or in another pan, lower the heat and add the butter.
6. Whilst the butter is melting, beat the eggs and add the salt & pepper.
7. Once the butter is foaming, add the eggs and ensure the whole pan is covered with the beaten eggs.
8. Add your bread to the egg in the pan before the egg starts to cook. Leave the bread on there for a few seconds to coat the bread, and then turn the bread around to coat the other side.
9. Allow the egg to cook until it resembles an omelette and when you are able to lift the edges up without it breaking. Once cooked, flip the egg and bread over to allow the other side of the bread to cook.
10. Once turned around, add the cheese and allow to melt.
11. Once melted, add your bacon.
12. Once you’ve added the bacon, flip one of the bread slices over to make your sandwich.
13. Serve with ketchup or brown sauce.
Why not try it out yourself? If you do, don’t forget to tag me in your recreations of the egg sandwich hack on Instagram @nicolealexia